The class teacher who is responsible for:
- Writing Individual Education Plans (IEPs). This involves sharing and reviewing these with parents at least once each term and planning for the next term.
- Personalised teaching and learning for your child as identified on the school’s provision map.
- Ensuring that the school’s SEN Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.
The Acting SENCO - Ms Jackie Littlechilds who is responsible for
- Developing and reviewing the school’s SEN policy.
- Co-ordinating all the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)
- Ensuring that you are
involved in supporting your child’s learning
kept informed about the support your child is getting
involved in reviewing how they are doing.
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming in to school to help support your child’s learning, e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology.
- Making sure that records of your child’s progress and needs are kept up to date.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school, so that they can help children with SEND in the school to achieve the best progress possible.
The Acting Head of School: Ms J Littlechilds who is responsible for
- The day-to-day management of all aspects of the school which includes the support for children with SEND.
- Ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- Keeping the Governing Body up to date about issues relating to SEND.
The SEN Governor: Mrs Helen Fowler who is responsible for
- Ensuring that the necessary support is given for any child with SEND who attends the school.