The class teacher who is responsible for:
- Writing Individual Education Plans (IEPs). This involves sharing and reviewing these with parents at least once each term and planning for the next term.
- Personalised teaching and learning for your child as identified on the school’s provision map.
- Ensuring that the school’s SEN Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.
The SENCO - Miss L O’Donnell who is responsible for
- Developing and reviewing the school’s SEN policy.
- Co-ordinating all the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)
- Ensuring that you are
involved in supporting your child’s learning
kept informed about the support your child is getting
involved in reviewing how they are doing.
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming in to school to help support your child’s learning, e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology.
- Making sure that records of your child’s progress and needs are kept up to date.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school, so that they can help children with SEND in the school to achieve the best progress possible.
The Headteacher: Mr P Hüsken who is responsible for
- The day-to-day management of all aspects of the school which includes the support for children with SEND.
- Ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- Keeping the Governing Body up to date about issues relating to SEND.
The SEN Governor: Mr S Smith who is responsible for
- Ensuring that the necessary support is given for any child with SEND who attends the school.