Since September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal. Once children reach Year 3 school meals must be paid for at a cost of £2.00 per day. This must be paid at the beginning of each week or term either in cash or by cheque payable to Derbyshire County Council.
Children of parents who are in receipt of one of the benefits listed below are also entitled to apply for a free school meal for their children using the application form at the end of the page.
· Income Support
· Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
· Universal Credit
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part vi of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of no more than £16190).